This page refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a
natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive than
its predecessor the Data Protection Act, along with the Privacy and Electronic Communications
Regulations (PECR), seek to protect and enhance the rights of EU data subjects. These rights
cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal
data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU and its storage within the EEA.
1 –Menevia Spa Ltd based at 42 Goat Street, St Davids, run and owned by spa and beauty
therapist Lucy Rees which hereafter for the purposes of this Privacy Notice will be referred to as
‘Menevia Spa’, is pleased to provide the following information:
2 – Who is Menevia Spa
Menevia Spa is a limited company offering beauty and spa treatments. Treatments are carried out
in accordance with the BABTAC Code of Conduct https://www.babtac.com
3 – Personal Data
- For the purposes of providing treatment, Menevia Spa may require detailed medical and
lifestyle information. I will only collect what is relevant and necessary for your treatment.
When you visit menevia spa, I will make notes which may include details concerning
your medication, treatment and other issues affecting your health. This data is always
held securely, is not shared with anyone not involved in your treatment. To be able to
process your personal data it is a condition of any treatment that you give your explicit
consent to allow Menevia Spa to document and process your personal medical data.
Contact details provided by you such as telephone numbers, email addresses, postal
addresses may be used to remind you of future appointments and provide reports or other
information concerning your treatment.
- For marketing purposes, Menevia Spa may also use the contact details provided by you to
respond to your enquiries, including making telephone contact and emailing information
to you which the practice believes may be of interest to you.
- In making initial contact with the practice you consent to Menevia Spa maintaining a
marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any time) or
we decide to desist in promoting our services. Menevia Spa does not broker your data and
you can ask to be removed from our marketing database by emailing or phoning the
practice using the contact details provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
- Some basic personal data may be collected about you from the marketing forms and
surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of
your visits to our website, including but not limited to, personally identifying information
like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time
and track visitors and their website access preferences. Website visitors who do not wish
before using the Menevia Spa website.
- Menevia Spa will only collect the information needed so that we can provide you with the
services you require, the business does not sell or broker your data.
4 – Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet our contractual obligations obtained from explicit Client Consent and legitimate interest
to respond to enquiries concerning the services provided.
5 – Legitimate interests pursued by Menevia Spa
To promote treatments for clients with all types of spa and beauty treatments and products.
6 – Consent
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Menevia Spa processing your
personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the postal,
email address or telephone number provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
7 – Disclosure
Menevia Spa will keep your personal information safe and secure. Menevia Spa will not disclose
your Personal Information unless compelled to, in order to meet legal obligations, regulations or
valid governmental requests. The practice may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including
investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud
or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety
of its staff.
8 – Retention Policy
Menevia Spa will process personal data during the duration of any treatment and will continue to
store only the personal data needed for eight years after the contract has expired to meet any legal
obligations. After eight years all personal data will be deleted, unless basic information needs to
be retained by us to meet our future obligations to you, such as erasure details. Records
concerning minors who have received treatment will be retained until the child has reached the
age of 25.
9 – Data storage
All Data is held in the United Kingdom. Menevia Spa does not store personal data outside the
EEA. Data is kept securely in a locked space and can only be accessed by Menevia Spa.
10 – Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst Menevia Spa is in possession of, or processing your personal data, all data
subjects have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that I hold about
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that I hold about you that is
inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data I hold about you
to be erased from the records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to
restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not
to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Menevia Spa refuses your request under rights of access, I will provide you with
a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge. At your request Menevia Spa
can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
11 – You can request the following information:
• Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Menevia Spa) that has
determined how and why to process your data.
• Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of the herbalist and information about
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with Menevia Spa.
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a
requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to
provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any
meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected
consequences of such processing.
12 – To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
Menevia Spa will accept the following forms of identification (ID) when information on your
personal data is requested: a copy of your driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility
bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a
supporting document is required. If Menevia Spa is dissatisfied with the quality, further
information may be sought before personal data can be released. All requests should be made
to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 01437454114 or writing to us at the address further
13 – Complaints
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed
by Menevia Spa you have the right to complain to us.
The details for each of these contacts are:
42 Goat Street, St Davids, Pembrokeshire, SA62 6RQ
Telephone 01437454114 or email: email@example.com
We use two data processing companies to process bookings and payments; iZettle and Shedul.