The Gel Nails Aftercare advice for longer lasting gel nail extensions and manicures.
Our product of choice is The Gel Bottle for its innovative formulas and wide range of colours and products, We love them!
- Be especially careful in the first 24 hours after application and avoid intense heat during this period (e.g. saunas, hot bath, or sunbeds).
- Use cuticle oil daily to keep your nails nourished, to stimulate growth and prevent lifting.
- Always wear rubber gloves when washing up, cleaning or gardening.
- Always wash your hands thoroughly after being in contact with chlorine, insect repellant or sunscreen.
- Always return to salon for maintenance and removal and follow any advice given to you by your nail technician.
- Avoid long periods of time in water (e.g. long baths, swimming, washing up).
- Do not use your nails as tools (e.g. screwdriver) as this could lead to cracking.
- Never pick or peel the product off as this could damage your natural nail.
- Avoid filing your nails and pushing your cuticles back, as this will break the seal of the gel and can lead to chipping.
We hope this aftercare advice means you can enjoy your gel nail overlays for as long as possible, but remember they eventually grow out, so the 3-4 week infills aren’t just about preventing a loss of a gel nail, it’s also about looking polished without too much regrowth.